So I’m new to blogging, but I felt a need to start writing my thoughts down in order to unclutter my mind. I shall introduce myself more eventually, but right now….
IT’S CHRISTMAS!!
Merry Christmas everyone! I love Jesus and today we celebrate his birth! (Yes I know there is controversy as to his actual birth date and Christmas was invented to overshadow a pagan holiday blah blah blah, but we celebrate his birth on Christmas and that is what I wish to focus on.) Why do I love Jesus? Because he was God who came to earth in human form in order to right the ways of this sinful world. He DIED on the cross (crucifixion is the most horrible way to die) for our sins because we are humans and we mess up in the eyes of God just because we are human and we make mistakes. Jesus, the one human who ever existed who never sinned, became Sin on that cross and in this one blood sacrifice, we humans were redeemed for our sinful human ways. When we accept Jesus Christ as our lord and savior, God sees us as righteous because we know we are sinful and Jesus has righted our ways.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
A little information about me: I am a Born-Again Christian and accepted Jesus as my savior only about 4 months ago, though God has been calling to me for years.
I normally go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and every so often go to mass Christmas day. Even before my recent change to being born-again, I was a Lutheran and would only go to church on holidays and random occasions. Instead of going to church, I was off Snow skiing. My early Christmas present was a season pass to one of my favorite mountains and my father and I took off for 2 days to take advantage of the holiday off of work and the nice weather.
I must say that even though it was not a typical Christmas, it was one of the best. The weather was sunny, wind was low if at all, and even lines were non-existent due to the holiday. And at the summit I was awed by God’s creation. The mountains were beautiful in the sunlight and I could see for at least 50 miles! The clouds were lower in the valleys and almost looked like a white sea the way the clouds were all an even height and the higher mountains poked through like islands. I could go on about the beauty and the fabulous skiing and how dead my legs are and how much fun I had, just know it was a slice of heaven on earth.
I may not have made it to church, but I read my bible some and prayed often and praised God for the wonderful opportunity He gave me. I shared a bit of Jesus with strangers on the lifts with a casual ‘merry Christmas, happy birthday Jesus’ as the ride would end and even though I probably didn’t bring anybody to know God any better, but I hope that my mention of Jesus will get them interested and that my smile could make there day just that little bit better.
I hope all of you reading had a wonderful Christmas and I pray that God will bless whoever reads my posts. If you are not Christian, I hope that at least your mind is open and I know that God loves you, even if you don’t believe in Him.
Peace ~ Pyung Ahn

Awww what a wonderful first entry!!! Love ya! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas!!
ReplyDelete