Yes, it’s that time of year again: New Year’s Resolutions. Admittedly I don’t remember what last year’s resolution was and it probably doesn’t even matter because I am a completely different person now, thanks to God.
So resolutions, here we go:
- Live for God
- Follow resolution 1
I was going to have multiple resolutions including getting to know people better, reading my bible daily, and practicing karate more often, but living for God is so much better. Karate is great and I don’t practice nearly enough, mostly because of laziness, but if I live my life for God he will cure me of my sloth. I can make a resolution to read my bible daily, but if I live my life for God, He will call me to read His word on his time schedule, not mine. I can get to know people better by living for God and growing in fellowship and if God wants me to stay in touch with a non-believer, then I will talk to them and pray they discover God’s grace and Jesus’ love.
How will I live for God? If I plan out how I will live for Him, then I am not really living for Him. If I pray to Him and worship Him, he will bless me with the rest of my life. I will read his word and I will live in fellowship as much as possible. Even if I waiver from His path a bit, I know He will always be there to pull me back in. Numerous times in the past few months I have strayed and He has spoken to me, whether it is through the bible, sermons, other believers, or even directly to me, implanting the proper thoughts into my mind. God loves me and through Jesus I am righteous in His eyes.
My life is in Your hands, God, lead me towards you and teach me how to walk with you!
Peace ~ Pyung Ahn

No comments:
Post a Comment